XX Summary of Winterfest

Forums In-Game Forums IG Northwatch XX Summary of Winterfest

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Tybreagus 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

OOG Note : The “XX” Icon designates that all posts/responses within this thread are visible only to non-retired PC Characters.

A lot happened during Winterfest and the following day, so I’m just going to focus on the bullet points and ask that if I miss anything anyone considers important that you please add it to this thread.

The Night of the Feast of Winterfest:

• There were some contests and a tournament
    • Bard came to give us the information had on the runes needed to get through the vault in the Flying Castle that had the Wand of the Spell Weaver
    • Bard also made a deal with the town on Maker’s behalf where Maker would join us on the trip to the Flying Castle in the hopes that he could scry/possibly obtain something in a way that wouldn’t effect anything we were doing in exchange for some artificing items (gives artificing abilities)
      • Alderman Valeron currently has these items on the town’s behalf, there are 13 of them
    • There was a thief in town who assaulted Rin, Rin has a make a record of him and if recognized we will likely take him out (so if he shows up and we attack him this is why)
    • King Gilrandir Galathule came to town and announced Prince Eric Falconcrest as High Lord of Falconcrest
      • Svargis was there and left in a huff
    • Svargis showed back up and activated an item that sent everyone to the Nightmare realm
      • He thought he was in a nightmare and doing so would free him
    • We had to destroy pillars of fear to stop Deimos from powering back up and weaken him further
    • Svargis was fought and freed from the Nightmare Realm and Deimos’s control (so if he shows up it might be to give thanks/apologize, but such is doubtful)
    • Greymoore was found in the nightmare realm – Squire Tybraegus and Lord Secondous talked to him the most and would be the ones with information on him, and are looking to free him
    • Through a large amount of effort and sacrifices by many we managed to destroy Deimos, however, Leaf absorbed his power and is now a demon, and Reshi was killed at this point

The morning after the Feast of Winterfest:

• We learned that the Sage of Falconcrest had passed away due to a mishap involving a large amount of magic
    • The Flying Castle was seen and Reginald Teleported us there
    • Through much riddle answering and a good deal of combat we managed to acquire the Shard Sibella needed, the book Reginald wanted, the Wand to help fix Nos Talanos, and some other smaller treasures before we were returned to Northwatch
    • Back in Northwatch, Bannor and Avric asked us to go to Alana’s Rest (Alana being the wife of the Valahorian)
    • We met an Arch Wizard Spirit
    • We acquired a book to fix Daryoon so that he could perform the ritual to fix Nos Talanos
    • We participated in a ritual cast by Daryoon on Avric to make a Totem to summon Nos Talanos’s former abilities

These are the bullet points I have.  Please correct me on anything I may have gotten wrong, including the spelling of names.

I would also like to take this moment to apologize for how sloppy Party Treasure was divided up and thank those who helped me.  Those who did not get Friday night’s portion of treasure who were there, you will be getting it as soon as possible, I apologize I didn’t just put it together with the morning’s portion but the bags were in a chest and I missed they were there, and there was the cold and difficulty with re-writing lists of who gets what amount, and in truth these are excuses and I should just say I am sorry it wasn’t handled smoother.

-Zyra Goldenmane

Zan
    Participant
    @zan

Zyra,

Thanks for the summary. Its helpful to have.

And seriously, don’t sweat it about the party treasure. We appreciate that you’re willing to take it on.
    It’s a bear of a task.
    I think emotions and tempers were high from the last few days of events. Thanks again.

Rin

Travis Emery
    Participant
    @krow

Zyra,

No need for apology for party treasures. Given the environment, time, and temperature, I think every one will understand, and I know you have records of who was there and how much each should get, so there will be no issues I can see.

As a side note of the thief. He came into town and was making accusations that he was assaulted on his way to Falconcrest and robbed. While trying to get to the bottom of it, he was caught with his hand in another pocket. At this point he was given a choice to leave or face charges. At this point he assaulted Rin and was subdued. Again he was given a choice to leave or be executed. He chose to go invisible and try to enter the Winterfest hall again. So actions were taken and he snapped his own neck, killing himself instantly, a trait usually only known to assassins.
    This man is to be considered a high value threat and should be taken down if seen in town immediately.

Rin,
    If you see this please be sure to send the record you took of his face to the Range Guard and Citadel so they can keep an eye out as well.
    Otherwise i will mention the same thing when i see you next.

Zyra,
    Thank you for your diligence in keeping notes on all of this.

— Krow

"You know nothing of passion. When your rage can sunder mountains, you may speak to me of passion."
    -- Krowthus Quince of the Clan of the Bear, summer 215

Zan
    Participant
    @zan

Krow,
    Will do.

Rin

Candiss
    Participant
    @west

One thing I feel needs to be added to the events which occurred in the Nightmare Realm. In order to defeat Deimos, I felt it expedient to take the offer of the Demon Phobos. I granted him some of my soul essence in trade for a Rebirth for all. Without this, I feared we would ultimately lose and many lives would be lost in the Nightmare. If you wish to discuss reasonings of this I am willing to in-person.

During the final battle against the Demon Lord Deimos, I suffered a death. One which did attempt to rend my soul into obliteration. The Demon Phobos felt this as I had given him a piece of my soul. With his power, he was successfully able to pull me from the forces of obliteration. If any other entity had done this for me I would have been grateful. Instead, dread and terror fill me. I very nearly embraced obliteration rather than have my soul intertwined so closely with that of a demon. Many of you I am very thankful for. You offered me comfort and possibilities for amending this horrific act which did not require me to give myself up the embrace of obliteration forever.

I am now faced with the reality that there is a demon who knows me and is with me. Not constantly as I had originally feared, but definitely will be in control of me if ever I enter the Nightmare Realm again. I have been offered the opportunity to seek the assistance of some who are very powerful in dealing with this sort of problem.

I am telling you these things, not to gain any sort of sympathy, but so that you are all aware that this is the case. I am doing whatever I can to detach this from me and to learn its extent of insight into my actions and thoughts. I have been doing what I can to limit my exposure to crucial information being passed in town, though I know I can not completely be held ignorant as much of what we do presses me closely. I will not be offended if I am asked to leave before certain discussions are had, I only ask that I not be kept away entirely.

I do hope that my openness and honesty here does not exile me from Northwatch, though I will submit to the will of the Guild Leaders.

Your comrade in arms,
    Leetah

Marley Sage
    Keymaster
    @jaerc

This sounds like a lot of wins and some very heavy news. Even one of those developments would be mind blowing! But in their sweep don’t miss this: you slew a Demon Lord, this alone is an achievement of a generation.

Those days were a moment of legend and destiny to be sure. To me each of you are heroes! We need a name for the Tale of Winterfest 219. Any ideas?

I’d like to more about each of your personal experiences and maybe weave it into a short story or song to celebrate you guys with the all the guts!

I was too chicken to be in town for all that.

I have a few other probes:

What happens if I see Leaf in town? What about in my dreams?

Is the a list of all the guests we had to Winterfest? Could we start one if not?

What can you tell me about the Old Man and Old Woman’s of the Castle?

Who was the Arch Wizard Spirit?

Doesn’t that make Daryoon vulnerable to something bad? Are we helping him stay safe?

What does it mean to be a Totem?

Did anyone speak with Alahna? There’s an H in the stories I’ve read.

I heard about Karu’s performance. Did anyone get am ongoing Record they could show me in person?

I believe I your good intentions Leetah. You have my sympathy for your sacrifice and I do not wish you exiled. I don’t have much faith in the justice of monarchs, but I believe you should submit this fact publicly and request from Lord Tycho & King Gilrandir that you be judgd by the Avothian King or his Court alone. In my opinions anything less than that transparency is malice & any ‘justice’ regarding your bond to Phobos not handed from someone who understands as much at the Avothian will be theatre at best.

Rigel

P.S. Zyra would you message me when you have a moment, I’d like to discuss an idea I had about your summaries.

P.P.S. You can’t just send Records around silly, Sheriff.

OOG: Marley Sage Gable, Staff Director & Plot Coordinator

PC: Rigel - Asurkian Bard ~ Alchemist Artificer

Zan
    Participant
    @zan

Rigel,

You’re right, can’t send records around but I travel with the Range Guard enough that I can show them the record. Hopefully we can find a artist who can render a drawing to pass around.

Rin

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

Rigel,

What happens if I see Leaf in town? What about in my dreams?

Honestly, I don’t know. Not all Demons we have encountered have been openly hostile, and before this Leaf was an adventurer like us, but we don’t know yet what all him absorbing this energy and becoming a demon has done to him. He didn’t seem like someone you’d want to sit for a drink with anymore for the short time I saw him after the transformation.

Is the a list of all the guests we had to Winterfest? Could we start one if not?

I have a pretty long list of all the adventurers of Northwatch I saw at Winterfest, as well as the guests that were there.  It’s rather long though, and even then I might have missed some people as it was an extremely busy night, so I’m not sure about posting it here

What can you tell me about the Old Man and Old Woman’s of the Castle?

We did not run into the Old Woman of the Castle, but we did meet the Old Man.  He apparently knows everything and seemed a bit of a chatterbox, probably as he doesn’t get many visitors.  He was also a bit surprised, disappointed, and even annoyed, when we were faced with a choice and unanimously made our decision instead of arguing over it.

Who was the Arch Wizard Spirit?

I didn’t have my notebook out at the time as it was cold and wet and already had gotten some snow on it so I didn’t want to risk further damage, but I recall it was something along the lines of Arch Wizard Naronhura (please someone correct me as I feel that is off, but I can’t remember it any more accurately…)

Doesn’t that make Daryoon vulnerable to something bad? Are we helping him stay safe?

From what I understand it made him more responsible and restored powers he had lost.  I don’t think it made him vulnerable to anything bad unless you consider responsibility a negative thing.

What does it mean to be a Totem?

I’m not entirely positive I have this bit right, but I believe it is basically him being used as a connection to the past Nos Talanos at his full power in order to give the ritual to repair Nos Talanos’s mind a clear direction

Did anyone speak with Alahna? There’s an H in the stories I’ve read.

As far as I am aware Alahna (thank you for the spelling correction) did not make an appearance.  It could be she just didn’t make an appearance where I would have seen her though.

I heard about Karu’s performance. Did anyone get am ongoing Record they could show me in person?

It was a truly spectacular performance, I heard the creatures they were riding are horses and weren’t even real but were illusions created by the Mages of I, either way, the feats of acrobatics were astounding, and Karu finished it off with a beautiful song.  Unfortunately I did not have scrolls available to cast a Make a Record.

-Zyra Goldenmane

Travis Emery
    Participant
    @krow

Rigel,

Yes, this is why I asked Rin to do it specifically as I knew she got a record of it and often travels with them and around Falconcrest. I am aware that one is not able to simply broadcast a record for all to see.

About your first question. If you see Leaf in town, immediately notify those in town, and get to an official as quickly as possible.
    If you encounter him in your dreams, try and be steadfast in not accepting and deals or offers he makes, and do not mistake him as a friend any longer.

To all, Leaf is no longer considered a friend or ally of Northwatch and should be treated as a hostile presence regardless of any reason he is present. Harboring or communication with him will be considered a breach of the law;

Summoning up or bring to bear those powers which are Abyssal in nature, or possessing items of Abyssal nature. Punishable by death or worse.

As he himself is now an abyssal creature and his mere presence on Cyrillia will be considered the use or possession of an abyssal nature. He is a demon in form and power now and it would be the same as any other abyssal creature being harbored or communicated with, even though he used to be a friend.

I more then most am troubled and saddened by this, but it was by his choice, and we can not change that now.

— Krow

"You know nothing of passion. When your rage can sunder mountains, you may speak to me of passion."

Chelsea
    Participant
    @chelsea

I regards to Leaf; I have already reached out to members of the Ashen Cloth and informed them of what we witnessed. But I also want to point out a few things that Daryoon suggested on Saturday when I was speaking with him on the matter.

Leaf absorbed the power, yes. But a lot of times the Nightmare Realm twists what we believe we’re seeing. Daryoon suggested that maybe we saw Leaf absorbing the power, but it could’ve been controlling him and Deimos simply now has a new “host”. Also, instead of Reshi being shredded, it may have appeared to be so and he may actually be imprisioned somewhere.

I’m not saying this is what happened.

I agree with Krow in stating that Leaf is now an enemy.

I just really struggle with accepting the fact that he would throw away 15 years of work for power. I will be asking the Ashen Cloth to look into this further for confirmation.

Sibella

IG: Sibella R.E. Listrotov
    OOG: Chelsea Baldwin

herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

I spoke to Alahna’s memory, or spirit (or maybe her reflection?) very briefly. But it was mostly her just telling me that I needed to earn the right to visit again, and that I couldn’t just come and go from Alahna’s Rest as I pleased. But it was still awesome.

So just be clear Krow, if Leaf talks to me, you are going to try to put me to death? Who is ordering that? I ask because, well, I’d like to punch them in the face. Nobody gets to tell me who I am allowed to talk to. And I’m not good at knowing about laws and whatnot, but if this new Hand of The King is trying to tell us who we are allowed to talk to, maybe its time we started doing lots of favors for Ebrus. You know, give old Falconcrest something to think about.

Bannor of Harrowheim

Travis Emery
    Participant
    @krow

Bannor,

If he opens up a conversation with you, I would hope you tell him off seeing as he is now an abyssal fiend.
    No one is dictating who you can, or can’t, talk to, but keeping an open line of communication with the abyss is a crime.
    Think of it the way you would feel if a witch or warlock with an abyssal pact sat in our tavern and opened a book that allowed his master to freely speak to him.
    I am not talking about a single one off conversation, especially that he starts, I mean just what I said, communication, a continued effort on both parts to keep conversations going. No one was allowed to do this with Deimos, now that falls on Leaf.
    And mind you, this goes for Northwatch and Falconcrest. If you’d like to go to Ebrus so you can strike up a conversation with this long lost friend, just do not bring it back here.

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to clear this up for everyone. Adventure well barbarian of Harrowheim!

— Krow

Tybreagus
    Participant
    @tybreagus

I would like to add something to this conversation as I was in a unique position when Leaf was transformed into a Demon Lord. You will notice I am making a special effort not to refer to any abyssal powers by name.

After a combined effort of the entire town, the lord of the Nightmare Realm was subdued but not defeated. Several tried to destroy that terrible fiend to no avail.

I observed that Leaf had in his possession two items of great power which he was attempting to use to destroy the demon: a dagger and a mechanical box of some sort. I also have a relic of great power with the ability to directly affect abyssal powers. Combining our powers we were able to land a devastating blow to that creature. Others have told me that immediately after this Leaf and myself disappeared from existence. This is what I experienced.

1. I felt myself in another place and understood that the fiend we were attempting to destroy had been shattered and its power would disperse with great intensity and breadth.

2. Because it was a being of immense power, it could not be entirely destroyed and over an indeterminate amount of time it would reform.

3. The vast majority of its abyssal power was sucked into the mechanical device that Leaf was holding and the device was a prison of sorts that had been storing the power or essence of demons that its owners had killed.

4. When we returned to the same place where everyone else was, Leaf took the dagger he wielded and stabbed the mechanical device he had been using to store the demonic powers. This allowed him to absorb the power stored in the device which transformed him into the new master of the Nightmare Realm.

5. I do not believe he was under any abyssal compulsion when he returned with me, because the mechanical device had absorbed most of the releasing energy. After he stabbed the device and absorbed the power stored in the box I cannot speculate as to his mental state.

6. The dagger Reshi carried and the dagger and device Leaf had all exploded into shards. One foot in front of me Leaf transformed into a demon lord and Reshi collapsed to the ground as if he was dead.

7. In a loud voice Leaf claimed the Nightmare Realm as his domain, declared he would be pushing us out of it, then disappeared.

7. When Reshi collapsed I checked his status. He was obliterated/dying but not a final corpse. I used stasis on him to no effect. Someone, I was too distracted to notice but probably Sibella, used a Force Restore on him with no effect. I tried to use Lay on Hands on him and it had no effect. He then shredded from existence before we could do anything else. He did not rise as a spirit.

Some have speculated that Leaf did these actions as a grab for power. This is a possibility. He has always sought power to accomplish his goals and that power has often come at an unknown price and been of dubious legacy. It is no secret Leaf and I met on very bad terms. There are few people of good intent who have a reason to question his motives more than I do. However, over the time I have interacted with Leaf I believe I have come to know him much better than I did on our first meeting and I would like to offer something in his defense.

I believe that Leaf absorbed the abyssal power into himself for the same reason he did anything: to save people.

I do not know why he thought this was the best option or what he hoped to accomplish. I do not hold this opinion based on mystical senses or some arcane insight. I base it on what I have observed of Leaf. He wasn’t always very wise in his decisions (especially when drunk) but, his decisions were always based on saving people from the darkness. I saw this when he and Orgoth (foolishly) tried to take on La Fayette by themselves. I saw this when he dove head first into a literal wave of necrotic energy to save me from obliteration even though I had issued a sworn statement accusing him of attempting to murder me. I saw him, time and time again, throw himself heedlessly at monsters to save others. He was willing to be a martyr to protect others and protect them from what he saw as the greater evil.

Perhaps you knew him better than I. Perhaps I am spewing nonsense in my melancholy and grief. Perhaps he’d had too much of Bort’s fine ale and thought it’d be one hell of a laugh. Or, perhaps… Leaf knew something the rest of us did not and he acted, as he always did, in the only way he knew how.

And so this night, when we toast heroes now gone, I will remember that fearless grin and mocking laugh and raise a glass to the memory of Leaf Lightfoot.

Tybreagus

IG: Squire Tybreagus Heartseeker, Human, White Knight, Citizen of Falconcrest, Governor of the Three Spires, and all around good guy.

Becca
    Keymaster
    @selphiebaka
    7. When Reshi collapsed I checked his status. He was obliterated/dying but not a final corpse. I used stasis on him to no effect. Someone, I was too distracted to notice but probably Sibella, used a Force Restore on him with no effect. I tried to use Lay on Hands on him and it had no effect. He then shredded from existence before we could do anything else. He did not rise as a spirit.

First off there is two 7’s and no 8. Also, he did spirit for about 10 seconds and then shredded into thousands of pieces.

Wizard Camilla

Tybreagus
    Participant
    @tybreagus

Wizard Camilla,

Thank you for the corrections. I was very weary when I wrote this and your clarifications are helpful.

Sincerely,

Tybreagus

IG: Squire Tybreagus Heartseeker, Human, White Knight, Citizen of Falconcrest, Governor of the Three Spires, and all around good guy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar