XX Kaizran

Forums In-Game Forums IG Northwatch XX Kaizran

This topic contains 78 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Zan 5 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 49 through 64 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Marley Sage
    Keymaster
    @jaerc

I’m still trying to put this together in my head.

Can Zyra or others provide more details on the monstrosities that were once family, were defeated?

What techniques & maybe kind of killing blows or spells that were used on them after dropping, if any?

Did they Spirit or anything similar or were Medical Examinations possibly performed?

Rigel

OOG: Marley Sage Gable, Staff Director & Plot Coordinator

PC: Rigel - Asurkian Bard ~ Alchemist Artificer

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

Rigel,
    I unfortunately don’t have many details, but I’ll share what I do know.
    Combat with these beings was extremely brutal as they had quite a bit of power. They also had the ability to drain the spirit of the one connected to them (I stayed away from the fight with my father because of this and unfortunately missed the other fights that occurred for various reasons). I did approach after my father was defeated in order to deliver the killing blow. I personally used Cleanse as it seemed appropriate, and it worked, but I don’t know if that damage type was necessary or what was used on the others. As far as I know medical examinations were not performed, partially because so much was going on and partially because their bodies crumpled to nothing after a short period of time. My father did not spirit as we normally think of it but rather when his body dissipated and Karu sang a lovely wake his presence was felt and he was able to briefly speak to me. He left behind his wedding ring which I felt his presence leave in the solstice.

Hopefully this information helps.

-Zyra Goldenmane

Candiss
    Participant
    @west

So when do we begin this plan. I am anxious to find a resolution.

-Leetah

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

I’ve already sent her the letter, but I don’t think she is going to take the bait at this point, at least not in a way that would expose herself, not considering she sent my father into town and hasn’t sent any other response to my letter.

-Zyra Goldenmane

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

I’ve been meaning to post this for a while now, I apologize for taking so long to actually do so.

My father managed to kill me on the 30th of the last month of last year. In doing so he has become empowered. An incidental side effect of this is that I can empower his spectral item, his ring, to strengthen my connection to him in a way that would give more information on him, possibly even location. This could be useful, but I’ll need a spirit touched component to do so.
    Also, he wrote me a letter on Winterfest that basically said he still has feelings towards his family before becoming undead that the others under Kaizran’s control don’t, and that if I don’t get in Kaizran’s way I am not in any danger from any of them anymore, worded in a way indicating he might even try to protect me. Honestly my feelings about this are conflicted, and I’m not sure I can make any open moves against Kaizran, especially if my father is around, but I still greatly dislike her.

-Zyra Goldenmane

Zan
    Participant
    @zan

I was following some suspicious merchants a week ago and came across some info.
    While following these men I watched the merchants meet up with three cloaked figures. In a graveyard…at night. Very thematic.
    After what looked like a normal business deal was done, the merchants and the guards went one way, the hooded figures the other.
    Without warning the hooded figures jumped the merchants and guards and killed them all very efficiently. One with a pair of daggers, one with a sword, and one with necro magic.
    They rooted through the merchants things. They didn’t seem to be stealing all they had but looking for one particular thing. Afterwards they mentioned they didn’t get everything they needed but sister Kaizran would be pleased and they recalled away.
    The names of the figures were Charles, Oliver and Henry.
    Does anyone have relatives by these names?

Rin

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Zan.

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

Rin,
    Henry is my father’s name, and as there was a caster there, I’m pretty sure that was him.

-Zyra

Slayer of Heroes
    Participant
    @slayer-of-heroes

Charles was my older brother. He was a black knight sworn to King West, and he died in combat against the armies of the Pale Ones just a few years ago.

– Cosimo Archimedes Cabot

Zan
    Participant
    @zan

Do we currently have a list of the family members we have heard of or seen? I think it would be helpful to have. Knowing possible abilities to look out for will be helpful on adventures.

Rin

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

Here is the most comprehensive list I have put together so far.

• Zyra’s Father, Henry, Mage, Empowered
    • Leetah’s Sister
    • Fruian’s Friend, Alchemist
    • Cosimo’s Brother, Charles, Black Knight
    • Lorenzo’s Great Great Great Grandfather, Vito
    • J’hunai’s late husband
    • Mort’s Mother
    • Attempted to take one of Gunnvor’s ancestors, believed to have been unsuccessful
    • Attempted to take one of Wrynn’s family members, known to have been unsuccessful

-Zyra

Sitka
    Participant
    @the-nameless-one

I was unable to discover who the remaining family members belong to; however, I have reports that some of the Candleborn are appearing as spectral undead rather than solid. It is likely that they have the same amount of emotional tie to and memory of their former lives. As far as we know, they also have the same inextinguishable candle.

We have discovered that the Candleborn and Kaizran have been researching the Black Wells of Ku’vahl, although no one seems to understand what exactly their goal is. Our theories are three: They are planning to harvest the power somehow, OR they are planning to use the layout for some type of ritual, OR they could be trying to destabilize the Wells. Since the Wells play a key role in the politics of Ku’Vahl and the Kingdom of the Night’s interest in that territory, destabilizing the Wells could cause a fair amount of chaos within the ranks.

We have also heard they may have acquired an artifact of some power. Vito apparently let slip that they had found a “gamechanging” artifact which would make their opposition regret their position. I have no further details about what this may be or if it is even true.

We have narrowed down a general area which the Candleborn are likely to investigate soon.

Sitka Andromeda

Zan
    Participant
    @zan

I just got back from the field and received the final pigeons from contacts to add to this.

The Candleborn have indeed spent a great deal of time subtly looking into the history of a powerful magical artifact. They have tried to cover their tracks, and even murdered a few lesser known scholars in in Citadel and the Broken City in order to prevent anyone from figuring out what they are searching for. After some investigation, I was able to find that they were searching for the history & current location of an Artifact known as The Fallen Remnant.

The Fallen Remnant is a very powerful Universal relic, which is also believed to be cursed. The Fallen Remnant is supposedly a scrap of a war torn standard from an ancient Rhouman Imperial House, which has the power to grant enchantments to a large number of troops. It also has mysterious and dark rumors attached to it, which claim that it may have been the standard of a nefarious house which was destroyed by the emperor due to acts of vile evil. These rumors also suggest that The Fallen Remnant has hidden powers which can only be revealed by necrotic energy.

The Artifact is also considered powerful primarily because it is supposedly highly adaptable to different forms of magic. Some stories say that the Artifact takes on new properties when it is exposed to different combinations of magical energy, while other stories claim that the Artifact itself can be used to transmit, amplify, or even contain impressive volumes of magical power.

It has been traded from private collection to private collection over the years, and some say that it is cursed, and that the owner always dies within a few years of acquiring it. It ended up in the possession of Duke Vendracies approximately one year before he died while fighting against Typhon’s horde. When looking into its current ownership, I discovered that a mysterious group of undead executed a stealthy raid near the Duke’s tomb. It seems that The Fallen Remnant was almost certainly buried with the Duke in secret. The family has not reported a break in but with Sitka’s information it sounds like they may of found it, or a piece/location.

Kaizran and her undead have formed some kind of alliance or deal with Sir Veracyte, who has been allowing them to come and go from Ku’Vahl. Unfortunately, it has not been possible to follow them to figure out what they are actually doing in the ruins.

After interviewing Range Guard that may have fought them, I are almost certain that when they are struck down in battle, they reappear at some point later based on the reports. Interestingly, when they do so, they appear as weakened shades or specters rather than appearing as the physical undead that we have seen in the past. It isn’t clear if this happens the next morning, or weeks later, as it is difficult to identify the shades. But eventually, they regain their strength and reform completely.
    There also seems to of been a small increase in necromatic items attempting to be smuggled into Falconcrest. It hasn’t been enough to raise any red flags but it may be connected.

Rin

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Zan.

Patrick
    Participant
    @gray

I also recently heard of a raid on the tomb of Duke Vendracis from Lord Knight Jacen Yabesh. While the Dukes body was not disturbed, the bodies of the honor guards were taken, as well as items from the tomb, so we should certainly assume Kaizran has The Fallen Remnant.

Now comes the question; what do we do about it? It sounds like Kaizran wants to use it in conjunction with the Black Pools of Ku’vahl. Given the Fallen Remnant’s magical adaptability, I suspect they intend to infuse it with necromatic magic, and then use it to infuse Kaizran, and her undead, and given her alliance with Sir Veracyte, his legions as well.

I suggest we get in contact with Averic, and any other allies we have in Ku’vahl to keep an eye out for Kaizran’s movements. If we can locate one of the Black Wells before she does, then leak the information, we may be able to ambush her there, and put this entire mess to rest, and retrieve the artifact at the same time. Of course, I haven’t deal with any of the Candleborn yet, so I may be overly simplifying things.

Any other thoughts? Does somebody want to reach out to Averic on this?

-Gray

Sitka
    Participant
    @the-nameless-one

Gray,
    I have located their general area and have requested we meet this Wednesday to deal with them.
    Sitka Andromeda

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Sitka.

Blake Gentilcore
    Participant
    @dr-terrorcore

If possible, I will try and use my connections with the Blades of Scorn. They might be able to help deal with this, I’ll see if I can reach to my contact Sir Gaffgarion.

"Enemies of the Darkstar beware, for you shall soon find my arrows between your eyes." Do'Argo Jarsthae

Zan
    Participant
    @zan

This could be the thing needed to help restore Tal Sigor

Rin

Viewing 16 posts - 49 through 64 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar