XX Flying Castles

Forums In-Game Forums IG Northwatch XX Flying Castles

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Shinai 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Chelsea
    Participant
    @chelsea

OOG Note : The “XX” Icon designates that all posts/responses within this thread are visible only to non-retired PC Characters.

Northwatch,

As many of you know, I am working to reforge a weapon that could aid in ridding us of the last remaining Pale One that darkens this world. In my research and the information I’ve gathered, it appears I need to gather an original piece of the weapon forged long ago. The location where this original piece is, allegedly, within a Flying Castle. So, Northwatch, I am asking for your help.
    Who has heard anything regarding a Flying Castle?

I’ll share the information that I’ve been able to gather thus far…

“The flying castle is currently under the control of a Verathian wizard who has far too much time on his hands and an annoying need to show off. Once every 5-10 years it shows up in Terath and he allows people to enter for his entertainment. He has them solve puzzles and fight monsters for treasure. Once inside the castle, you may explore to your hearts content, so long as you are willing to deal with the aforementioned puzzles and monsters. Once he grows bored of those in the castle, he expels them and leaves to find entertainment elsewhere.”

If anyone has information regarding this Castle, please share it here, or send me a pigeon.

Best Regards,
    Sibella R.E. Listrotov

IG: Sibella R.E. Listrotov
    OOG: Chelsea Baldwin

Chelsea
    Participant
    @chelsea

Here is more information I’ve gathered…

1) The Flying Castle is called to those who need it, when they need it.

2)Any relic taken from the Flying Castle should be thrown into the sea, during the Ferryman’s Vigil. This will allow you to claim your destiny.

3) TheFlying Castle was created as a personal “love palace” for a powerful Verathian wizard named Kendrick.

4) The Castle is where the body of a Great Chief Hadrian is entombed…. probably.

5) The Adventurers of the Lamora Outpost obtained a key to the Flying Castle, which they may have discovered inside the mouth of a mythical Prismatic Whale off the coast of Westerland.

6) The Flying Castle is flying in repeating flight–pattern which varies in timing for unknown reasons.

7) The Flying Castle’s magic is potentially linked to the Faded Realm, and it is suspected that the Flying Castle returns to The Faded Realm whenever it cannot be seen in the sky.

8) The Flying Castle was the original inspiration for Queen Octavia’s legendary treasure caches.

9) The Flying Castle may be the true location for the mysterious “Verathian Tournament of Heroes”, which has been hosted by a powerful Verathian known as Arch Wizard Horatio Coriantum.

10) The Flying Castle cannot be reached via teleportation magic, but relics that can take you there have been scattered throughout the world.

11) The Flying Castle has been explored by adventurers loyal to King Aleric Falconcrest on two separate occasions.

12) A man known as Arch Wizard Invlatius is rumored to have given Portal-Keys of the Flying Castle as prizes to those who performed well in the Verathian Tournament of Heroes.

Obviously not all of these pieces of information are based in fact. But I have bolded some points that I feel are relevant; or information that I’ve heard from several sources now.

Sibella

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

Sibella,

I did some basic research on the flying castle last month and here is what I found.  Some of it you already listed but I figure I should mention it as well as the more often a thing is discovered the more likely it is to be true, unless it is a rumour that got spred well by a talented storyteller.

-The flying castle only shows up every handful of years (between 5 and 8)

-It cannot be reached by standard teleportation magic.

-There are many stories about the castle and they all involve heroes, thieves, and simple farmers reaching the castle through use of a magical relic of some kind. In these stories, they always seem to find something a much-needed treasure.  In some versions of the stories, the treasures end up being cursed.

Here are some of the stories I found:

1. It is the birthplace of the Avothians, and it holds all the treasures that they have left behind. Only the fated can ever reach it.

2. It is the greatest of Queen Octavia’s Caches, but you must seek permission from her ghost to take anything from there, lest you be cursed.

3. A great Verathian Wizard known as Kendrick Horatio Coriantum Invlatius created the castle as a source of entertainment, with treasures there as rewards for those brave enough to claim them. 

4. The flying castle is actually a prison, where the War Wizard Herromerre has locked away the most dangerous cursed relics in the world.

5. The flying castle is part of the Faded Realm, and it contains many items thought forever lost  in its labyrinthine corridors.

Anything we both found, or if it is very similar at the least, I put in bold.

-Zyra Goldenmane

–Treasurer of The Brotherhood of The Dark Star

Marley Sage
    Keymaster
    @jaerc

I’ve been carefully seeking out rumors about the Flying Castle recently with all of my free time.

I am in the midst of correspondence that I hope will bear fruit and shall write it up when concluded.

At that time (hopefully very soon!) I’ll also write out a list of rumors that I’ve heard crisscrossing Terath in pursuit of this elusive fortification! I too will bol the truths and the rumors that are leads we can follow up on.

Meanwhile, have we asked some of the great adventurers of Northwatch and Falconreach past, that still act as some of their mentors what they know?

I know we have to keep a fairly tight lid on this, but surely some of the students of Xefrom, Avric, Orthia, Silmarwen, & etc. might be able to see if they’ve actually gone there – how they reached the place and what lurks in its aerial halls?

Rigel

OOG: Marley Sage Gable, Staff Director & Plot Coordinator

PC: Rigel - Asurkian Bard ~ Alchemist Artificer

Zan
    Participant
    @zan

I suggest being wary that King Mendax gave us information about the flying castle.

The info is probably accurate but the chances of him asking for a favor in the future is high. He will want a item from the castle or something from us later in payment. He puts on a nice face but I wouldn’t trust the man further then I could throw him.

His past is full of murder, deceit, and demons.

Rin

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

Last night we received some more information on the Flying Castle from Bard, Leaf also mentioned he had been there approximately 16 years ago, and he wrote down a brief summary of what he remembers which is:
    “The castle has multiple paths that you can take, each path has something important. You must complete certain paths in order to access others. You are only allowed a limited time to acquire what you want. If you can reach the top you may ask the old man and woman a question. They have all knowledge.”

This means that when we get there we cannot hesitate/argue/hold up the group/waste any time. It might not be a bad idea to come up with a quick solution to any arguments we may run into, such as quick votes or even the rolling of a die/flipping of a coin, and maybe assign someone to lead this, before we go to the castle (which does anyone know how we could even get to the castle if we get the chance, as we can’t teleport there via standard teleportation magics?)

Also, important information from Bard included that we will likely be able to go there soon, within the next few weeks, as the castle has been seen. And that there is an item there that can be used to restore Nos Talanos (I will be starting a separate post with more information on this).

-Zyra Goldenmane

Chelsea
    Participant
    @chelsea

Zyra,

This is all great information; I would like to know more about what Bard had to say; I look forward to the additional post you’ll be making.

As far as a group leader once we are in the castle; my vote would be Reginald. He’s been looking for this for a very long time and is very good a remaining level headed, unlike some of us….meaning me.

I also think that, before we go into this castle, we need to make a specific list with what exactly we NEED to leave with so there is no question if it comes to making time-sensitive decisions.

Sibella

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

A also agree with Reginald leading this if he is willing.

-Zyra Goldenmane

Sitka
    Participant
    @the-nameless-one

We may also, the day of, want to form two parties in advance so we can quickly split off when necessary. I’m happy to lead this brief activity.

I agree to follow Reginald, if he is willing.

Sitka Andromeda

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

Sitka,
    That is a brilliant idea I whole heartedly support. Maybe we could even try splitting up in two different sets of groups, a split of into two groups, group A and B, and a set of three groups, groups 1, 2, and 3, so that if we need to break up into three groups instead of just two such is possible? So each person would have a number and a letter, and so if we need to split into three we go by the number, if we need two groups we go by letters. Or is this getting too complicated?

-Zyra Goldenmane

Chelsea
    Participant
    @chelsea

I support the dividing in groups if needed. I think it would be important that each group have someone that is looking for the specific item. An example being: Reginald and I are both looking for specific things; so if we divide to go after them at the same time; we should be in our respective group.
    Does that make sense?

Sibella

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Chelsea.

Grant M
    Participant
    @valeron

I think we should also not decide on groups until we actually first teleport or are preparing to teleport up there. Because of how fickle Northwatch members attendance to requests or are in town; preparing in advance can mean that the groups can be very lopsided.

-Valeron Avarici

Grant M, Player Emissary
    Please see my profile for contact information
    Characters:
    Valeron Avarici, Human, Merchant Guild Leader
    Kovac Baford, Elentari, Member of Brotherhood of the Dark Star
    If you need help coding your signature, please ask me

Shinai
    Keymaster
    @dagger

I think that is the plan, waiting until we are all gathered and just before we teleport, or just after. Which, again, does anyone know how to get into the castle? Because all I know is that we can’t use any standard teleportation magic.

-Zyra Goldenmane

Chelsea
    Participant
    @chelsea

Valeron,

Agreed. I think we would establish them right before going to the Castle just as a precaution. We may not even need to separate; which would be ideal.

Sibella

Zan
    Participant
    @zan

Sibella,
    Kaine and I made records of Bards info. Kaine or myself can show it to you next we meet.

Rin

Chelsea
    Participant
    @chelsea

Rin,

That would be great; thank you. I should be back in town next week.

Sibella

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar