RolePlay Thread – Venturing Into The Ruins

Forums In-Game Forums IG Northwatch RolePlay Thread – Venturing Into The Ruins

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #47563
    Valdimarr
    Participant
      @valdimarr

      As Valdimarr climbs down the ladder he will notice the arcane titan and burst into a run the moment his feet hit the ground. As he gets near the titan he will out-stretch his hands.
      “Tari, this is him! I summon the wisdom of the ages to identify ritual!”
      Valdimarr will go into a light trance as the information gleaned from his spell spills into his mind.

      #47679
      herogoeth
      Keymaster
        @herogoeth

        The magical energy of Valdimarr’s spell is suddenly negated and transformed, dissipating without the intended affect. In slow repetition, the glowing runes on the titanic golem begin to pulse.

        #47680
        Valdimarr
        Participant
          @valdimarr

          Valdimarr comes out of his trance and casts a few additional spells on the titan in quick succession.
          “I summon time and space to force anticipate blow. I summon time and space to grant parry. I summon time and space to grant dodge.”
          Valdimarr will wait, looking expectantly and excitedly at the great arcane titan.

          #47564
          Xukkuth d’ Barra
          Participant
            @xukkuth

            Watching Valdimarr with a measure of curiosity, Xukkuth will lend his own magic to the cause. The Dark Elf summons his magic slowly, calling it from within himself as if the talent is more innate than learned. His silver-slitted eyes widen and their depths seem to go on forever as he whispers words of power.

            “I summon Infinity to Grant Invisibility 5.”
            “I summon Infinity to Negate Ethereal.”

            Ceasing his dabblings of magic, Xukkuth will call upon his natural ability to see the truth in his surroundings, his eyes glowing with a radiance not unlike Truevision – a keener sight.

            #47565
            Valdimarr
            Participant
              @valdimarr

              “What are you doing?! I’m trying to jump-start his regeneration. Why would you negate that?”
              Valdimarr will turn back to the titan and again begin to cast.
              “I summon time and space to force anticipate blow. I summon time and space to grant parry.”

              #47681
              Xukkuth d’ Barra
              Participant
                @xukkuth

                “You misunderstand me, Valdimarr. I’m experimenting to see if this Guardian’s aura simply negates any Arcane magic that is used in its presence, to include the spell ‘Negate Ethereal’ taking the energy of the spell into itself. It appears that all your spells are dissipating without their designed affect. Speaking of, I’m curious to see the effect of Mystic in the presence of this being.”

                With that, Xukkuth will gather a ball of brilliant azure energy and begin to cast.

                “I summon Infinity to Grant Well Being.”

                #47682
                Zan
                Participant
                  @zan

                  Sonya slowly backs away from all this casting and commotion. She draws her weapon and shield and looks upward at the creature.
                  “Someone mind explaining to the non savvy Ku’Vhal people what you are so excited about?”

                  #47566
                  spencer
                  Participant
                    @thrull

                    Thrull walks up to the construct and starts to exsamin the rituals and the creature its self trying to find some way to help Valdimarr in rebuilding the construct.

                    #47567
                    Chant
                    Participant
                      @briel-mouser

                      Much like Sonya, Briel will also draw her dagger and stand well away from the titan and those who she thinks are foolish enough to cast magic upon it so freely. Remaining silent, she waits for something to happen and is prepared to fight if needed.

                      #47683
                      Zan
                      Participant
                        @zan

                        Sonya looks down at the halfling and nods her head towards the busy bodies near the golem. She then rolls her eyes at them and gives Briel a small grin.

                        “Good call stepping back. I’d say i only know what’s going on around this group about thirty percent of the time.”

                        #47568
                        Valdimarr
                        Participant
                          @valdimarr

                          Valdimarr will briefly look over his shoulder at Sonya.
                          “This is THE Guardian of Ku’Vahl, or who I expect is the Guardian of Khu’uval at least. If you remember when we freed the really old and powerful Ogre Magus from the ancient Fey trap I discussed history and current events with him to bring him up to speed in the world. When I told him that demons had occupied Kyu’Vall he made an off-hand remark about how that would never have happened if THE Guardian were still around and wondered at what would have happened to him. A force like that needs to be restored.”
                          With that Valdimarr will turn back to the Titan and continue analyzing the situation.

                          #47569
                          Brandon
                          Participant
                            @bbraith

                            Raising his head with a flash of fury.

                            In a broad blanket statement in a louder than normal voice, “Must you always stomp around like clumsy childresn? Some things require a bit of finesse.”

                            Shaking his head and blinking quickly, realizing how rude he just was, he mutters apologetically, “I’m so sorry”

                            In a gesture to seem more relatable, he beckons to Briel and Sonya to come listen to the stone. Closing his eys he rests his head back on the collossus. He takes deep breaths as if trying to silence his own soul.

                            #47570
                            Chant
                            Participant
                              @briel-mouser

                              Briel will smile up at Sonya and nod her head. “I have never been one for magic. I know a bit here and there, but I prefer the stabbing method over the magic one.”

                              She will start in surprise at Oni’s raised voice and stare at him suspiciously as he beckons her to come closer to the giant. She will look up at Sonya, to see what she will do, and remain where she is at for the time being. “Yeah, no. I will only come close to that thing when I know for a fact it is not going to come alive and try to kill us like everything else in this place.

                              #47571
                              Nathan M
                              Participant
                                @sharock

                                Staying back a little bit he watches what everyone is doing and tries to be ready to providing healing if needed but hoping everything stays safe.

                                “all I ask is everyone be careful”

                                #47689
                                Zan
                                Participant
                                  @zan

                                  Sonya chuckles and nods at Briel’s reply “Dah, that method I can usually get behind.”

                                  Sonya’s head snaps up towards Oni at his loud remark. She glares at first then tilts her head to the side and raises an eyebrow at his odd behavior. She looks down to Briel then back to Oni then finally back to Briel.

                                  “…Dah…I don’t think so. And why do you think i am staying back here you silly schmuck? It isn’t because i am great at putting things together. You do your stone listening thing, i will stay over here” She says mimicking Briel’s comment.

                                  She leans down to the halflings level and uses her thumb to point towards Oni over her shoulder.

                                  “What a nut bar.”

                                  #47572
                                  Brandon
                                  Participant
                                    @bbraith

                                    Keeping his head to the stone but opening one eye, he looks over at Briel and Sonya.

                                    “What you need to be afraid of is what ever killed this colossus. The thought of that should send chills deep down into your soul.”

                                    Convinced that it will never be quiet enough to hear what he was listening for he pushes his self off the stone. His eyes smile, as he decides to explore the rest of the cavern.

                                    Muttering under his breath, shadows swirl around is arm until he is holding a ball of light.

                                    Up on his tip toes, foot over foot he begins to explore the cave. Checking each barrier and peering off into the distance as far as he can, to the very edges of his light source.

                                  Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 117 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.