RolePlay Thread – Venturing Into The Ruins

Forums In-Game Forums IG Northwatch RolePlay Thread – Venturing Into The Ruins

Viewing 16 posts - 49 through 64 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #47546
    Maren
    Participant
    @warriorsdebt

    Tari, upon waking, is surprised to find that a bed has sprouted beneath her. She fingers the moss curiously, glancing at the leaf still secured in her hat, which lays beside her. With a wry smile, she jauntily flips the hat back onto her head and rises with a wide stretch, joining Xukkuth in peering at the map.

    “I agree,” she opines, “any opportunity to venture deeper should be seized; who knows when it will come again. I’ve wanted to make my way further toward the center of the ruins for some time now.”

    Tari glances at her forearm, examining the brand there.

    “Who knows what kind of characters an interested party might be able to discover.”

    #47547
    spencer
    Participant
    @thrull

    “moving deeper even with the risks we would take might not be a bad call. Perhaps we can find out how to remove the wards from this area with out using as much power.”

    #47548
    Chant
    Participant
    @briel-mouser

    “I don’t know much about this place but if my vote counts I say we travel deeper into the ruins and find out what we can,” Briel says, holding the hilt of her dagger.

    She turns to see the Parthan on the moss bed and an eyebrow rises up in curiosity, but she says nothing. Then, she watches the one named Xukkuth play with his cards and not for the first time she can’t help but think what a funny man he is

    #47648
    Valdimarr
    Participant
    @valdimarr

    Valdimarr will look up from his spellbook, stopping his pencil for a moment. “Delving deeper is the right decision. That’s where we need to search to find more about The Ku’Vahl Gardian.” With that said, he will look back to his book and begin writing and mumbling again.

    #47649
    Zan
    Participant
    @zan

    Sonya shuffles over with an armful of gear in one arm and a cup of coffee in the other. She looks at the map with blurry eyes and listens to the conversation while putting on her armor. She takes a sip from her cup and rubs her eyes.

    “The wards and the statue will be here later…unless the guy who spotted us comes to investigate them. We could take a look at the other two places on our way back. I’m curious to see what is farther in.”

    #47549
    Marley Sage
    Participant
    @jaerc

    Vladamir likely startles the parthan more by taking a sample of her bed in the early morning, in one of his prized botanical bottle, more worried that despite the moisture and nutrients it might wilt, than that Tari will claw his face off.

    During breakfast the Garadetzski leads his Aunt aside into what may have once been a mausoleum or judge’s hall, returning after about half an hour, eyes shining white.

    A bit later, after Shadow of the Vallahorien’s shuffling, he requests that Xukkuth let him play with the deck. “You’ve had all the best divinatory toys, of late.”

    “Ladies and adventurers, may I submit that we avoid the catacombs below, filled as they are with evil winds and perhaps dangers even more substantial. Lanre, don’t you think we might have a better chance of cartographic enrichment among the demesne of the Alabaster? Besides, the Drakes there might need our help against the Night.”

    OOG: Marley Sage Gable, Staff Director & Plot Team Member

    PC: Rigel - Asurkian Bard ~ Alchemist Artificer

    #47550
    Nathan M
    Participant
    @sharock

    Stretches and looks about listening into the conversation “well you know me, I will fallow and do my job as needed” smiling and getting ready to go when they are all ready.

    #47551
    Brandon
    Participant
    @bbraith

    Sitting as if upon a mighty throne, Oni ZenAku rests upon a giant boulder in the recessed shadows off to the side. His face glows red in the dim light each time he takes a puff upon his pipe. He looks over the camp, calculating the strengths and weaknesses of the party. His heart yearns to delve deeper into the unknown, yet he is uncertain if the gain outweighs the risk. Taps his pipe against the rock, pulls his mask up over his face. Mutters under his breath, as the shadows begin to swirl around him. Blackness, and he is gone.

    #47552
    Xukkuth d’ Barra
    Participant
    @xukkuth

    Per Vladamir’s request, Xukkuth will quickly reach into his pocket and remove his deck of playing cards. With a quick wink and a short toss, he will give the deck to Vlad.

    “Here. Be warned however, I’m not playing with a full deck.”

    Inspired by his own joke, Xukkuth will chuckle to himself before shifting his gaze to the young halfling in the group.

    “Young lady, you are one I am not familiar with. Who are you? A friend of Lanre’s perhaps? What inspires you to trespass into Ku’Vahl?”

    #47553
    Chant
    Participant
    @briel-mouser

    Briel will slyly smile at Xukkuth and shrug. “I am only a friend of Lanre’s if he wishes to call me such. As for why I am here… you could say I was bored. I am new to the adventurer’s life and was seeking, well, adventure. Perhaps it’s not the safest place, but then again, what is truly safe.”

    Then, Briel will turn back to the others, “So, what’s the plan. Do we go deeper into the ruins or stay “safe” and remain here?”

    #47650
    Zan
    Participant
    @zan

    Sonya snicker for a brief moment then turns to Lanre.

    “Make a decision already Lanre. You’re in charge of this little expedition.”

    She finishes buckling her bracers and leans against a pillar awaiting a decision.

    #47655
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    Lanre looks over his works-in-progress, appearing eager and also perhaps a bit torn.

    “I found a cave to the south of where we are now which held over a dozen statues of this Alabaster Drake, and so I’m definitely interested in finding out what the link is. But the general consensus is that we go deeper into the ruins, which is definitely something that I’ve been wanting to do as well.”

    The would-be bard sweeps his hat onto his head and begins gathering his things. “Deeper it is.”

    #47663
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    The explorers move deeper into the ruins and find themselves pitted against foes of all sorts. As the hours pass they battle massive spiders with sharp silvered blades at the tips of each leg, they slay a pack of massive wolves with glowing patches of rune-inscribed fur, and they fight a great lumbering mass of thorns and vines which rises from the spreading greenery and seeks to drag them off one-by-one into the undergrowth.

    When dusk arrives, the adventurers of Northwatch make camp in a location on the surface which is much less comfortable than their previous locale, but which is perhaps somewhat more secure.

    During the night, those who stand watch can feel their hackles rise as the shadows gather in the distance. There is a looming feeling of danger which increases with each passing moment, and then the shadows seem to take shape as wraiths manifest themselves beneath the starlight. Walking amongst the wraiths and shades is a pair of corpse-pale figures, spreading the rotting stench of decay from them at every step.

    Yet when they see Thrull, his deathly flesh hanging from pitted bones as he stands guard over the sleeping adventurers, the approaching undead seem to pause and consider. Barely audible whispers can be heard passing between the two walking corpses, and after a few moments they all fade back into the night.

    In the dark hour before sunrise, the majority of the adventurers are awakened by a brief but sharp feeling of vertigo accompanied by the sound of grinding stone.

    In the pale light of the coming dawn, it becomes clear that the landscape has changed.

    All around them there have been severe alterations to the ruins; mapped corridors have shifted and buildings have moved entirely. Certainly, any safe path out which the explorers had discovered is now inaccessible.

    #47664
    Xukkuth d’ Barra
    Participant
    @xukkuth

    Young d’ Barra will reveal a smile comparable to a child’s joy on Christmas.

    “This is how the remarkable begins its performance. Central Ku’Vahl is where I freed the Vallahorien and uncovered a monument inscribed with the List. Not to mention, I met the Map Maker for the first time in this place. Much hides here..”

    The Dark Elf’s eyes will trace his surroundings, mapping routes of egress, nooks and crannies, and overlooks of their camp.

    “I’m home.”

    #47554
    Nathan M
    Participant
    @sharock

    Starting to look around noticing the changes of the area he sighs looks over to Lanre

    “let me guess we do not have your new ink yet do we?”

    #47666
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    Lanre will let out a sigh that mirrors Sharock’s. “No, I haven’t met with Ferador since he told me that he would teach me how to make it. I’ve started gathering potential components, but I’m far from finished, and I get the feeling that creating magical ink which moves with the changing ruins is going to be a complicated and time consuming process.”

    Glancing out into the light of the early morning, Lanre will smile slyly and tilt his head towards his companions. “We can still jot down an inventory of major landmarks and places of interest. Even if they move on us, it might still be useful to scratch down some notes about what we find. And perhaps we’ll stumble across a region of Ku’Vahl that doesn’t move so much.”

    “Xukkuth, this is the second time I’ve heard you mention that you found The Lists in Ku’Vahl. What are they, exactly?”

Viewing 16 posts - 49 through 64 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar