RolePlay Thread – Venturing Into The Ruins

Forums In-Game Forums IG Northwatch RolePlay Thread – Venturing Into The Ruins

Viewing 16 posts - 33 through 48 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #47638
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
      @herogoeth

      Orthia’s examination results in the discovery of Xukkuth d’Barra, but also in the finding of a well concealed door that leads downward via a hallway of roughly carved stone. It is clear that this door has not been disturbed in centuries. Any who peer down this hallway can see a shape at the edge of their glowing light. Further examination reveals this to be another carving of alabaster, yet again in the form of a White Drake.

      As the first night passes, there are no enemies which manifest to threaten the group of adventurers. Any who decide to spend a little time on the surface during the night can hear the sounds of creatures moving and even engaging in battle with one another off in the distance, but when the sun rises there is no visible evidence of what might have occurred.

      The early hours of the morning are spent productively surveying the surrounding territory by scrambling up to vantage points on the surface, although Sir Avric takes this opportunity to rest below. While a handful of the adventurers focus on learning the lay of the land, others spend their time in bantering conversation as they poke around in empty buildings, or make notes about strange fading symbols and broken statues found scattered throughout The Ruins of Khu’Vaal.

      When the heat of the day arrives the explorers quickly move back indoors and continue their efforts out of the view of the sun. On this first day, they primarily walk the main corridors below ground which link many of the larger structures together; careful to avoid various traps and unknowable dangers. Some of the adventurers seem eager, as they discover a number of warded passages and dark corridors which hint at the potential for future treasures.

      And as the day’s exploration comes to a close, the adventurers have gathered on the surface once more, preparing to return to camp. Yet as they walk down what must have been a grand street of Ku’Vhal they pause cautiously when feeling a light rumbling beneath their feet. Without any further warning, a large pile of rubble suddenly bursts up into the air, the many stones quickly drawn together to form a few humanoid shapes. Lumbering in unison, these creatures leap to attack.

      #47639
      Zan
      Participant
        @zan

        “Form up!” Sonya yells as she backs up to position herself between Yuri and Nikoli.
        She hunkers down defensively and raises her shield. She quickly swaps out her sword for the mace at her side and readies herself for the oncoming fight. She takes a hurried glance over her shoulder making sure she has back up and starts taking a steady pace forward towards the advancing enemies.

        #47538
        Troy G
        Participant
          @mecherdon

          Nikoli Checks his spear and readys a throwin knife while forming to the right of Sonya Well at least this should be fun!

          #47539
          Chant
          Participant
            @briel-mouser

            “I summon Time and Space to Grant Dodge. I summon Time and Space to Grant Invisibly 5.”

            Briel vanishes from sight and makes a wide arch around the attackers as she tries to get behind them. Making sure to pick one that had its back to her, Briel will then break the spell and drive her dagger into its back as many times as she can before moving out of the way of danger and backing up towards the group once more.

            #47540
            spencer
            Participant
              @thrull

              Thrull places him self to the right of Nikoli.

              #47541
              Marley Sage
              Participant
                @jaerc

                The youngest Garadetzski’s arms are a’brim with charcoal rubbings sticking out of worn-leather tome, well-rendered sketches and queer fragments of not-quitep-stone.

                When danger threatens, he pauses to hastily begin stuffing them into a leather satchel, including a sheave of papers that look for all Cyrillia to be accounting books, but in fact chronicle notes on the residual magics in each area the adventurers have passed.

                The gypsie’s dubious reward for putting knowledge over safety is redeemed with a sick crunch by a stone fist. Vlad stumbles to one knee and pitches forward, an ink pot shatters, but it is a grislier pool of fluid that spills out the place he fell.

                OOG: Marley Sage Gable, Staff Director & Plot Team Member

                PC: Rigel - Asurkian Bard ~ Alchemist Artificer

                #47641
                Zan
                Participant
                  @zan

                  Sonya lets out an angry growl and leaps between Vlad and the stone creature. She blocks a attack with her shield but takes a crushing blow to her right shoulder. She deflects another attack with her mace before quickly reaching down and smacking Vlad’s shoulder.

                  “I summon life to Grant Wellbeing. Up you get Vlad, hurry!”

                  She turns back to the creature just in time to take a hit to ribs. Sonya falls to her knees and spits out a mouthful of blood. She focusing for a quick moment and shrugs off the pain and regains her footing in time to land a heavy blow to the monsters arm. Chunks of stone shatter and debris flies every which way.

                  She charges at the creature landing several more hits and snarls. “You want some more!?”

                  #47642
                  herogoeth
                  Keymaster
                    @herogoeth

                    Though they fight against fierce enemies, the Heroes of Northwatch work together in manner which showcases the type of group cohesion only displayed by bands which have seen dozens or even hundreds of battles together.

                    The creatures relentlessly hammer away on shields when they encounter them, swinging their great arms like a pack of rioting primates, and showing a lack of any real strategy. It soon becomes clear that these stone creatures fight using the predictable tactics similar to those of the common ogre or troll. They target unarmored foes, are easily confused by abilities such as invisibility and phase, and can do little to defend themselves against the ranged attacks presented by those such as Orthia and Nikoli.

                    Before long, these enemies are once more reduced to a pile of scattered rubble, if perhaps now in smaller pieces; a clear result of the impressive strength behind each of Sonya’s swings. Amidst the broken stone there is a light coating of Tellurian Dust which can be harvested in order to begin recovering the cost of entering Ku’Vahl, but the stones themselves seem to be free of any markings or glyphs that might have otherwise explained the reason for their sudden animation.

                    #47542
                    Xukkuth d’ Barra
                    Participant
                      @xukkuth

                      Xukkuth will look over the ruined adversaries, delight twinkling in his eyes.

                      “Intriguing. The Magik of this place is both old and new; it defies typical convention when it pleases.”

                      Standing in place for a long moment, Xukkuth will close his eyes and grasp a silver bracelet upon his arm, one shaped as a serpentine Dragon with blood red eyes. Seconds will tick away as he remains dead to the world until finally he breaks his silence with an abrupt chortle before looking back around at the group, eyes wide with quiet interest.

                      #47543
                      Marley Sage
                      Participant
                        @jaerc

                        Still battered more than a bit, from a second stupity in the fight against the not-golems, Vlad leans on the far haler Tari, his expression difficult to get a bead on.

                        “As a convention denier yourself, since it takes one to know, and all that, what did you discern?” His question to the xelaque is polite, if distant.

                        He wipes the sweat from his exposed brow, sparing only the slightest guilty glance toward his Aunt.

                        “Briel did you make it through, alright?”

                        OOG: Marley Sage Gable, Staff Director & Plot Team Member

                        PC: Rigel - Asurkian Bard ~ Alchemist Artificer

                        #47544
                        Chant
                        Participant
                          @briel-mouser

                          Hearing someone say her name, Briel turns to Vlad with a smile.

                          “Not quite,” she says, clutching a large gash on her side. As she had tried to move away from the creatures one was able to swipe her.

                          “You’re a healing sort, right? I’d really appreciate it if you could patch me up a bit.”

                          Then Briel will look at Xukkuth curiously and ask Vlad, “He’s a funny fellow. Who is that?”

                          #47644
                          Zan
                          Participant
                            @zan

                            Sonya looks up at the darkening sky and starts to concentrate and wounds slowly start to knit together and heal. She grimaces as her cracked ribs mend and takes a hold of her shield arm. An audible crack can be heard as she pops it back into it’s socket.

                            She rotates her arm for a moment before slinging her shield onto her back and sheaths her weapon. She kicks the rubble of the now destroyed creatures and makes her way through the battle field collecting any of Vlad’s papers that may of slipped from his bag in the attack. With each one she picks up she glances over it in curiosity, some longer then others varying on what she understands on the pages.

                            #47545
                            Nathan M
                            Participant
                              @sharock

                              Sharock walks over to Briel placing a hand near her wound “I Summon the spirits to healers touch” a warm soothing light comes from his hand and her wound starts to seal its self back up

                              after he smiles at Briel and then wonders threw the group helping heal any other wounds others may have.

                              #47518
                              Marley Sage
                              Participant
                                @jaerc

                                A sidelong glance to Briel, and stage whisper “Sharock’s much more apt to get his hands bloody than I.”

                                OOG: Marley Sage Gable, Staff Director & Plot Team Member

                                PC: Rigel - Asurkian Bard ~ Alchemist Artificer

                                #47646
                                Steve
                                Moderator
                                  @steve

                                  Upon returning to the camp, the second night in The Ruins of Ku’Vall passes with no more trouble than the first, save for a few small disturbances. The open passageways seem to whisper and moan as a light wind makes its way through the underground corridors. Indeed, the wind reaches far enough to bring an unnatural chill to the camp even after such a hot day, and those assisting the MapMaker’s Apprentice in various cartographical pursuits will occasionally find their papers stirred by the drafty breeze.

                                  In the morning, any who seek out Tari will find her purring in her sleep; resting on a bed of soft green moss which appears to have grown in beneath her during the night.

                                  As the exploration continues Vladimir, Lanre, and Xukkuth spend much of their time drawing rough sketches of the area, and making notes regarding various potential locations which the group might choose to explore over the coming days.

                                  1. There is an unexplored section of Kvu’Ahl on the surface which seemed to glow more brightly with wards and barriers than the others.
                                  2. There are the secret corridors below the camp which hold the statues of the Alabaster Drake.
                                  3. There is a rare opportunity to abandon the current camp and attempt to delve further into central Kuh Vall than the adventurers have ever traveled before.

                                  A decision will have to be made about which area to explore.

                                  #47647
                                  Xukkuth d’ Barra
                                  Participant
                                    @xukkuth

                                    Tapping his gloved fingers on point one, two, and three of the map, Xukkuth will belabor his decision, continually muttering to himself in what sounds like a one-sided discussion. Words like, “Rare” and “Deadly” are mixed with names such as “Nos Talanos”. Finally, the jabbering will stop and, in silence, a deck of cards will be plucked from Xukkuth’s pocket. With one, two, and three shuffles, he will deal himself a hand:

                                    Ace of Spades.
                                    Three of Hearts.
                                    Jack of Diamonds.
                                    Two of Hearts.
                                    Three of Spades.

                                    Apparently satisfied, the cards will disappear back into his pocket. Unceremoniously, he will point to location three.

                                    “You’ve got to take a rare opportunity when it presents itself, regardless of the risk. We’ve mapped this area, Alabaster Drakes can be investigated later.”

                                  Viewing 16 posts - 33 through 48 (of 117 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.