RolePlay Thread – Venturing Into The Ruins

Forums In-Game Forums IG Northwatch RolePlay Thread – Venturing Into The Ruins

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #47527
    Chant
    Participant
    @briel-mouser

    Briel pulls her dagger out from one of the dead bats and nudges it with her toe. Satisfied, she moves back and waits for the others. As she is waiting she takes a moment to watch her new-found companions. The halfling gazes at each person without being too obvious as she tries to see their relationships with one another.

    “Let’s hope bats are the worst thing we encounter while we’re here.”

    #47528
    Troy G
    Participant
    @mecherdon

    Nikoli wipes blood off his throwing knife and slides it back into its sheath Ha! Did you see that? I hit one right between the eyes! He nudges Sonya playfully

    Well at least there was some excitement there! Hopefully a little more excitement happens on this trip.

    -Nikoli

    #47529
    Brandon
    Participant
    @bbraith

    Emerging only briefly from the shadows, he takes a sniff of the bat blood as if trying to commit the scent to memory. Wipes the dagger off on his pants and then blends seamlessly back into the shadows.

    #47625
    Zan
    Participant
    @zan

    Sonya stares up the wall for a moment but turns her attention to Nikoli when nudged.
    “Dah, I saw. If only you could of hit the one chewing on my leg.” She winks and nudges him back in a gentle manner.

    Sonya wipes her sword on some nearby vines to clean her blade but does not sheath it.
    She looks back to the wall and frowns slightly. “Did anyone else see that guy up there?” She waves in the general direction of the wall.

    #47626
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    With their blood pumping in the afterglow of battle and with a vast number of unexplored structures within sight, an air of excitement begins to spread throughout the adventuring party. Night is quickly approaching however, and wiser heads prevail before any real exploring begins. The adventurers are careful not to take time for any serious delays as they move through the greenery that has claimed this section of the ruins; hoping to make camp before true darkness comes.

    The power of Kvu’Val is apparent in the glow of magical barriers, and the flickering mage-light that slowly begins to spread from various buildings in the twilight which falls over the group. After consulting his maps, Lanre guides the explorers into the dark open maw of what once might have been a guildhall, or a minor governmental office.

    It is in the depths of this building that the adventurers make their camp. At first, the place seems fairly welcoming. There is a magic which lingers here, preserving the comforts that once would have made the place grand. There are strong oak doors, finely crafted tables, and even a few colorful tapestries which somehow have not rotted away over the millennia.

    The problem lies in the defensibility of the location. There are multiple points of egress, from above and from below, and the structure of the building hints at secret passages and concealed alcoves that might be hiding any number of potential dangers. These risks are perhaps offset by a still-functioning fountain carved from white alabaster in the form of large drake which provides an endless supply of fresh water that tastes somehow sweeter than and cleaner than expected.

    #47530
    Becca
    Participant
    @selphiebaka

    Orthia scans her eye around the room as Lanre announces that they will be stopping there for the night. She sighs deeply and walks around the room beginning searching everywhere for anything that could be hidden around the room.

    #47531
    Marley Sage
    Participant
    @jaerc

    After their entry into the room, Vladamir hands the last of his uncopied notes off to Lanre, and goes to sit on the edge of the fountain. He casts a handful of minor and greater magics before deciding whether to drink. The gypsy idly murmers “I wonder if we are near the Wilderkin?”, while rummaging through his pack for something warmer to wear, a black hooded affair, lined with silver.

    Eventually he waves his family over, passing among them dried, exotic fruits and meats.

    OOG: Marley Sage Gable, Staff Director & Plot Team Member

    PC: Rigel - Asurkian Bard ~ Alchemist Artificer

    #47630
    Valdimarr
    Participant
    @valdimarr

    Continuing his uncharacteristic silence during the trip, Valdimarr D’Angelo will keep his nose and pen burried in his spellbook drawing out diagrams, writing lengthy lists and potential instructions, occationally muttering to himself.

    #47532
    spencer
    Participant
    @thrull

    Thrull says “I will keep watch for most of the night a couple hours before dawn i will wake Sonya. perhaps i can make them think i belong here” Thrull begins to strip of his tunic bearing the crest of king Mendax As he dose this his skin begins to pail and the face of the barbarian is replaced with that of the dead. After the change has finished he looks over at Sonya “if you would like when i wake you i could make you look the same.”

    #47533
    Maren
    Participant
    @warriorsdebt

    Tari slumps down near both fountain a Vlad, a hand rising automatically to finger the perpetually-green leaf affixed to her hat.

    “Could be. I don’t properly remember where in the Ruins I met him last. Travel magic, you know,” she wiggles her fingers, rolling her eyes. “I can never keep my bearings, especially when I’m being thrown about in trees by Dargum.”

    #47631
    Zan
    Participant
    @zan

    Sonya eyes the piece of fruit Vlad hands to her before munching on it.

    “Did you get these from home? I missed dates.” She closes her eyes as she eat the dried fruit as if trying to form a memory.
    Her attention turns to Thrull when he speaks and she sighs.
    Sonya glowers at the comment about being woken up before dawn. Her demeanor changes suddenly though when she sees a chance to tease the undead. “Oh Thrull, will you sit on the roof of this destroyed civilization with me and watch the sun rise? It’s so romantic.”She grins widely and bats her eyelashes.
    At his last comment she grins, if possible, even wider.”Really? Can you make me look like a Death Knight?” she asks with curiosity.

    #47534
    Xukkuth d’ Barra
    Participant
    @xukkuth
    Quote:
    Orthia scans her eye around the room as Lanre announces that they will be stopping there for the night. She sighs deeply and walks around the room beginning searching everywhere for anything that could be hidden around the room.

    As Orthia pokes and prods throughout the room, her keen eyes delving into each hidden alcove offered by the wide hall, she will come face to face with silver eyes and ebon skin. Xukkuth d’ Barra is found sitting, cross-legged, upon a soft mat in an out of the way, cramped inlet of the room. Smiling wide, he will wink at Orthia and give her a casual two-fingered salute.

    “Tinkerer! Well met, I’m glad to see you’re giving the place the one-over. You’re becoming quite the regular of this place yourself nowadays. Who else has joined you? I feared Lanre would be forced to come on this venture alone.”

    #47535
    spencer
    Participant
    @thrull

    “Sonya i can only make you look as much like a death knight as i ever do. If you truly wish that i sit and watch the sun rise with you i could let sleep be for the time. Perhaps i could make breakfast of it.”

    #47634
    Zan
    Participant
    @zan

    Sonya’s eyebrows raise and she laughs loudly at Thrull’s response.
    “That. Is not the response i thought i was going to hear. Usually you stare blankly at me when i speak to you.” She chuckles softly finishes her fruit.
    “Wake me when you said. I’ll keep an eye.”

    #47536
    Chant
    Participant
    @briel-mouser

    Briel doesn’t speak much but rather listens and keeps a watchful eye on both her companions and the surrounding area. But soon she starts to feel tired and makes her way to a comfortable place to lay down and sleep.

    #47537
    Troy G
    Participant
    @mecherdon

    It would seem we are being trailed by more then just Oni. He raises an eyebrow and smiles. He goes and helps Orthia with the search He looks over at the interaction with Sonya and Thrull At least I might get a goods night sleep not having to stand watch, but if you need me rouse me!

    -Nikoli

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar