RolePlay Thread – Venturing Into The Ruins

Forums In-Game Forums IG Northwatch RolePlay Thread – Venturing Into The Ruins

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #41604
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    OOG: This venture into The Ruins of Kuh’Val will be taking place on the boards over the course of the next week or so. It will be a thread where you can choose to roleplay as your PC if you wish, and even try to influence the general outcome of the exploration, but please be aware that there will not be a great deal of back and forth from plot regarding specific actions taken. Characters will not be able to take deaths, nor obtain treasure as a direct result of this exploration.

    The plot of this exploration will move forward in large chunks of storyboard as the characters involved continue to move through the ruins, and return to their basecamp each night. Players may decide to pull each other aside for quiet conversions in the Chat Room or over email if they wish, but otherwise it is assumed that everything posted here is full public knowledge for anyone who reads the boards, even if their character is not in attendance. You may wish to reference the rules of board roleplay before posting.

    #47519
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    The Adventurers of Northwatch gather together and travel across the border of Ebrus in hopes of unraveling mysteries within The Ruins of Ku’Vahl. Their destination is an old crooked tower on the edge of The Ruins. An underground corridor waits below, granting a moderately safe path of access to territories as of yet unexplored, and so when the group arrives they quickly descend into the depths of the tower.

    Upon approaching this entrance to Kvu’Val the Adventurers of Northwatch will find a Vampire Lord patiently waiting for them, accompanied by ghoulish guardians who watch over the passage. This Vampire wears a familiar face, known by most as Sir Avric Silvermoon, and it quickly becomes clear that Sir Avric has personally paid the entry toll for the group, with the stated condition that any coins or gems discovered during the venture first be set aside to pay back what has spent in order to obtain passage.

    As the ghouls step aside, the explorers begin their trek into The Ruins.

    #47520
    Troy G
    Participant
    @mecherdon

    Lanre,

    Is there a reason why we decide to go out an map the Ruins on the hottest days of summer? It been quite hot out! Maybe we can find a nice magical spring to cool down in?

    -Nikoli

    #47599
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    From the start of the exploration, the would-be bard is already juggling map cases and small bottles of ink, making notes about crumbled side-corridors and cobwebbed hallways which the adventurers pass as they move deeper into the ruins.

    “At least our camp is going to be underground, and hopefully we’ll be able to do some indoor exploring during the hottest part of the day.”

    Lanre stumbles over a crooked flagstone and nearly drops a jar of ink, but manages to catch it before it hits the ground.

    To tell the truth though, the topside ruins can be an extremely scary place at night, so I imagine that it would be a good idea to do some poking around up there while the sun is on our side.”

    #47521
    Troy G
    Participant
    @mecherdon

    *Takes off his head wrap and wipes the sweat from his brow*

    Ah yes a cave would be vounderous! At least we can take refuge in the hottest part ov the day. Do you need some help with those bottles? I can put them here in my new bag as long as you do not mind it mingling with my knives. *pats the side of his bag*

    #47522
    Chant
    Participant
    @briel-mouser

    Keeping towards the back of the group, Briel looks around nervously at the creatures as the group passes them. Her single dagger is drawn and clutched in her hand.

    Lanre, are you sure that these… things aren’t going to come up and attack us later? And are you sure this place is clear of the demons? Last time I was here they were swarming all over the place and most of them I couldn’t even see!

    It is clear that the halfling is on edge but she wears a smile of excitement.

    #47523
    Becca
    Participant
    @selphiebaka

    I summon the wisdom of the ages to grant true vision 5

    Orthia’s eyes shine slightly with a white shimmer as she smiles down at the halfling

    We should be fine with the great hero Lanre on our side!

    The sarcastic comment rolls off her tongue without a second thought as she chuckles to herself before taking a long drink from her bota.

    #47600
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    Lanre will graciously accept Nikoli’s offer for help, and wink to Orthia once she puts up her Truevision.

    “Nothing is certain in this place.” The MapMaker’s apprentice will make a broad gesture with his hand. “Every time that I come to the ruins I am constantly concerned that I am being hunted by a pack of invisible werewolves, but so far they’ve stayed to the shadows rather than tearing me limb from limb.”

    #47601
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    As the passageway into The Ruins stretches onward, it begins to possess a barely visble downward slant. The corridor eventually curves and twists before opening up into a larger network of rooms. What the purposes of these rooms might once have been is impossible to determine after the passage of so many years, but a brief investigation reveals that corpses of other recent explorers can be found nearby, their remains having been looted by thieves and eventually picked clean by carnivorous scavengers.

    The main passageway continues on, slowly slanting back upward towards the surface.

    #47602
    Zan
    Participant
    @zan

    Sonya chuckles at Orthia’s comment and looks over her shoulder. Anyone close can hear her counting under her breathe as she surveys the group. Seemly satisfied she follows behind Lanre with her shield slung on her back and her sword resting on her shoulder.

    #47524
    Maren
    Participant
    @warriorsdebt

    Tari slinks up to the group, eyes already twinkling with the keenly enhanced vision of the scout, tacking on to Orthia’s sarcasm as she joins the others.

    “Great “Hero” Lanre, eh? Did Valdimarr lend you his title for the day? I can’t imagine how else you’d come by it.”

    She smiles around the remark, showing it to come from jest rather than spite.

    #47525
    Marley Sage
    Participant
    @jaerc

    He moves quietly, careful to note the places where the party avoids doors and strange glyphs, flitting here and there to look curiously at every oddity. Every so often the young man drops behind, crouching next in the Ruin’s broken splendor for a brief moment to Make or review Records before the Gardetzski recasts his veils of light, and vanishes once again. In those brief moments, gone are the patchworks and winter wool that a spying friend might expect, replaced blue and silver and gold and a look of unusual intensity.

    ~~

    Absent from all eyes to all save the drinking Gypsy, Vladimar pauses to roll his eye at the banter of the girls and chuckles of his Aunt. He shoots Lanre a glance of admiration, of which he briefly looks ashamed, and the furrows his brow, peering into the darkness that yawns ahead from the deep caverns and ancient barrows of Ku’Vahl.

    ~~
    It’s not until after kneeling for the twenty-first prayer for the unburied dead that the Spiritualist slips up and allows his subvocal intonations to cross the threshold and eradicate his Invisibility not three feet from Tari and Sonya. Vlad sighs and breaths out a quiet greeting, quick to sheath a black and white blade as he stands up behind the pair.

    OOG: Marley Sage Gable, Staff Director & Plot Team Member

    PC: Rigel - Asurkian Bard ~ Alchemist Artificer

    #47604
    Zan
    Participant
    @zan

    Sonya’s shield is quickly swung in front of her when Vlad suddenly appears. She exhales when she sees it’s only her nephew and swings her shield back over her shoulder. She smiles at him and continues down the path behind Lanre.

    “How long are we staying down here anyway Lanre?” Sonya kicks at a small pebble in her path and sends if flying down the corridor. She frowns and glances at Orthia and eyes her flask.

    She reaches her hand out towards her fellow gypsies and asks “Orthia, may I?”

    #47605
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    The would-be bard smiles in response to the friendly heckling, and dips his head to gesture down the passageway. “We’ve brought enough supplies to last us about eight days if needed, but I don’t imagine that we’ll stay in Kuh’Val for more than four or five days at most.”

    Lanre then navigates so that he is walking next to Vlad; beginning to speak in excited tones as the two start comparing notes.

    #47606
    herogoeth
    Keymaster
    @herogoeth

    The long march into The Ruins of Ku’Val ends in a sudden emergence into dusky daylight, with the Adventurers of Northwatch funneling out of the passageway and onto a stone ledge which overlooks dozens of damaged structures. This section of Kuhvall has been reclaimed by the wilderness, with vines and other greenery clinging onto stone and struggling up through ancient foundations.

    But perhaps too quickly, it becomes clear that the adventurers are not alone. As the explorers begin to make their way down from the ledge, a small cascade of rocks from their movements causes an echo to spread throughout the rubble.

    With surprising speed, a colony of bats pours out from the nearby buildings in large numbers and begins swooping and diving in sharp attacks. Amidst the colony are a number of dark bats so massive that their fangs present a real danger, with wingspans great enough to spread long and frightening shadows in the light of the setting sun.

    The Adventurers of Northwatch are no strangers to such foes, and show little hesitation before engaging these ferocious enemies in combat. Injuries are sustained as the colony is reduced to a fleeing mass of shadows, but healing magic is in good supply and little lasting damage has been done. It would likely have been considered nothing more than a chance encounter if not for the inscrutable figure in the distance, watching from a perch atop a crumbling wall. As last of the party’s wounds are mended, the figure slips out of sight.

    #47526
    spencer
    Participant
    @thrull

    after helping mend the wounded Thrull will gather some of the dead bats. If deciding there edible he will gather more and place them into his bags.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar