Northwatch -December 22nd, 218 PB, Midnight (Board Role Play)

Forums In-Game Forums IG Northwatch Northwatch -December 22nd, 218 PB, Midnight (Board Role Play)

Viewing 16 posts - 129 through 144 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    Slayer of Heroes
    Participant
    @slayer-of-heroes

The die lands flat.

Tik.

“… How? How are you doing this? How do you always beat me…? I’ll make you a deal right now, Reginald. Double or nothing. You roll a four, five, or six, and I’ll give you something unique in exchange for the luck you’ve won twice. Roll a one, two, or three, and you lose both of those boons. That, or you can take the luck from this ‘six’ and walk away. I assure you, though, it won’t even compare to what you’ll get if you take my offer and win. What’s your decision?”

SkivesEyes
    Participant
    @skiveseyes

Maniea looked rather confused, “That was a lot of words and I didn’t understand any of them…” she trailed off. She stared at nothing for about a minute then smiled, like she understood everything. “Oh okay! Maniac was listening. I understand now.” She giggled

They/Them

ReginaldorSquire
    Participant
    @reginaldorsquire

*Reginald snatches the die off the table*

“I know I’ll lose, but can’t turn it down. One more for the road.”

*He spins the die out onto the table*

Alina
    Participant
    @alina

Looking at Maniea, Alina looked a little bit concerned. Thinking out loud Alina said quietly, “Is she ok?” “She seems to talk to herself a lot.”

SkivesEyes
    Participant
    @skiveseyes

Maniea giggles, “I’m fine! Maniac is in here!” She points to her head, smiling widely, her ears perking up. “They talk to me a lot!”

They/Them

Slayer of Heroes
    Participant
    @slayer-of-heroes

The die spins on a corner for what seems like forever before it wobbles and catches an edge, sending it bouncing.

Tik, clack, tap click clatter.

The die spins on the number, blurring it for a moment so no one can make out the result before it comes to rest.

. . .

Scion’s jaw goes slack as he stares at the die. He does not speak.

SkivesEyes
    Participant
    @skiveseyes

Maniea gets up rushes over, looking at the die then at Scion. “What?!? What’s so surprising?”

They/Them

Alina
    Participant
    @alina

Alina says to Maniea, “I think it’s so surprising because Reginald rolled a 4.” “This means that he get a special boon or whatever.”

SkivesEyes
    Participant
    @skiveseyes

“I know, I know. But why is this creepy dude all surprised? Like he wasn’t expecting it!”

They/Them

ReginaldorSquire
    Participant
    @reginaldorsquire

*Reginald stares shocked at the die originally but then a predatory smile grows across his face*

“I love this question. So what did I win this last time my friend?”

Slayer of Heroes
    Participant
    @slayer-of-heroes

“Sometimes, there are people who beat the odds. Not once or twice, but a majority of the time. Maybe when you ask them to call a coin flip they’re nearly always right, or maybe they just happen to unfailingly be in the right place at the right time. Why is that, exactly? Luck? Destiny? I don’t know…”

Scion turns his blindfolded head to Reginald.

“Regardless, you’ve won this game. Well done. I grant you the luck of a Gypsy.”

(Out of Game: You will receive your item card for this effect at the January Open House or the next time that you come to an event.)

Travis Emery
    Participant
    @krow

Krow watches on with the new rolls, his eyes widen as Reginald wins three in a row.

“I think he may already have the luck of the gypsies.
    Though now you have me curious. You came here with a specific game and a single dice, but it seems you have the choice, or ability, to change the rules of the game, or the game entirely at a moments notice?”

"You know nothing of passion. When your rage can sunder mountains, you may speak to me of passion."
    -- Krowthus Quince of the Clan of the Bear, summer 215

Slayer of Heroes
    Participant
    @slayer-of-heroes

“The game I brought is an example of the level of risk and reward I’m willing to play with today. The game I brought will remain unchanged, but I am capable of creating new and simple games ‘at a moments notice.’ And I did bring more dice, though I doubt we’ll use them.”

Scion holds up the pouch of red velvet and it rattles softly as he shakes it.

SkivesEyes
    Participant
    @skiveseyes

Maniea stares the velvet bag, curiosity flashing in her eyes. She blinks and shakes her head. “But the bag looks cool!” She complains. She pauses, then frowns, “It’s just dice,” Another pause. “Fine.” She pouts and folds her arms.

They/Them

Patrick
    Participant
    @gray

“I presume all of these games are play at your own risk? So, why play these games at all? I see the opportunity for us…” Gray smiles and nods to Reginald “especially a few lucky ones, but what’s in it for you Scion?”

Wrynn
    Participant
    @wrynn

Wrynn walks in carrying two very large casks. He will pause just inside the door and look around the tavern, a look of concern creeping across his face. “I thought so… you know for a tavern there really is never enough drinking or merriment going on. Looks like we’ve got some gambling going on so that’s a start, luckily I’m here to fix the rest.” The look of concern will break into a grin as he says this. Wrynn will then walk over to an empty table and set down the casks with heavy thuds. “Rum” he says while tapping the first. “Wine” while tapping the second.

Viewing 16 posts - 129 through 144 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar